- Walmart Rewards Mastercard is best for people with average credit
- Best for new cardholders looking for rewards cards with no annual fees
- Best for online shoppers looking for a card with unlimited rewards on online purchases at Walmart, including Deliver and Grocery Pickup
Walmart Rewards Mastercard Advantages
If you’re regularly buying your groceries, household items, and other necessities at Walmart, you’d be interested in all the advantages of the Walmart Rewards Mastercard. You can use this fantastic credit card anywhere Mastercard is accepted and allows the cardholder to tap into a range of rewards.
New cardholders can earn up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars. You can Redeem your $15 Welcome Bonus and your $10 Paperless Statement Bonus by getting Free items on Walmart or paying for goods.
Top Rewards Rates
Aside from the perk of having no annual fees, this card offers four types of cashback rewards:
- Cashback on purchases at Walmart.com and Walmart Pay, the retailer’s app – includes all items you purchase online for in-store pickup and all purchases at Walmart Delivery and Grocery Pickup;
- Cashback on in-store purchases
- Rewards and gas stations;
- And, cash back rewards on all other purchases.
The cashback rewards come in Walmart dollars. You earn redeemable points-worth-a-penny rewards that you can redeem at any time in the following ways:
- For travel rewards (booking via the Capital One travel portal);
- For gift cards;
- During online checkout at the retailer’s website (as a discount coupon);
- As a statement credit;
- As a credit toward a purchase.
If you have a Walmart digital wallet (Walmart Pay), you can earn additional cashback rewards on digital purchases for the first year after approval. This reward comes in the form of a sign-up offer for new Walmart users. Since Walmart sells everything you can imagine, many people do most of their shopping online there. If that’s the case with you, you shouldn’t miss an opportunity to earn good rewards on each purchase, including delivery and pickup. Whether you prefer shopping online or offline, you get double rewards when using the Walmart Rewards card.
Aside from various cashback rewards, this card also offers increased redemption flexibility. You have multiple options for redeeming your rewards, and there’s no minimum redemption amount. Your redeemable rewards points never expire and are always available to you. The only requirement to redeem your rewards is to keep your account in good standing. The only thing you can’t do is use the rewards as a cash deposit to a savings or chequing account.
Since this card is a Mastercard, you can use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted and enjoy global acceptance abroad. However, the card comes with foreign transaction fees. There are also additional protections, such as retail protections (price protection and extended warranty coverage) and travel protections, such as Car rental insurance; Roadside assistance; Travel accident insurance; Trip interruption/cancellation insurance; and Baggage delay insurance.
What Are 5 Additional Benefits?
Aside from fantastic cashback rewards and other conveniences, this credit card also offers additional benefits, such as:
- Instant credit access – The moment your application receives approval, you’re free to use your credit limit. You can apply for this card via SMS to start the process. Once your details are verified, you’re free to use the card right away.
- Card lock – If you lose your card or fall victim to theft, use this feature to protect your finances by locking or freezing your card. There’s no additional fee for using the card lock feature. You can also use this feature to control your spending.
- Account notifications – This card allows you to use account notifications to manage your card more responsibly. You’ll receive alerts regarding your bill dues, balance, spending, and more via text or email.
- Virtual shopping numbers – You have additional protection against fraud through the system of tokenization.
- Statement payment options – You can choose how to pay your monthly dues (online or offline) and select your monthly due date.
Walmart Rewards Mastercard Disadvantages
Even though the card allows you to save daily, there are certain drawbacks you should keep in mind.
- Rewards categories require tracking. The Walmart Rewards card offers various rewards in different spending categories, and you’ll need to track these categories to achieve the highest earnings. The tracking requires more time and effort to manage, and it’s easy to lose track. An excellent alternative to save you the trouble is a card that earns the same flat rewards rate back on all of your purchases.
- In-store shopping rewards come with limitations. The card allows you to earn back cash on in-store purchases at Walmart; however, the rewards could be higher. Although the card enables you to earn higher in-store purchase rewards, it’s only for the first year. In addition, this temporary reward requires an additional effort as you’ll need to use a specific payment method to earn your rewards.
- There’s no free shipping. Walmart indeed offers free shipping. However, you’ll need to make a $35 purchase or more to earn it. Other credit cards offer free shipping with no minimum amount.
- No 0% intro APR period. Another downside is that Walmart Rewards cardholders don’t have the privilege of an introductory interest-free period on balance transfers or purchases. However, the card does come with a slightly lower APR rate.
- You can’t build or rebuild your credit. This card isn’t a good option for people building or mending their credit score. Only those with good-to-excellent credit may be approved.
What Makes Walmart Rewards Mastercard Different
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard from Fairstone Bank is a perfect solution for online bulk shoppers loyal to Walmart. Besides offering you multiple chances to earn cashback rewards for Walmart-related purchases, you also get other benefits to count on. Although you’ll need fair to good credit to get approved and you can’t use this card to rebuild your credit, it offers various valuable benefits abroad. It offers multiple cashback rewards and additional protections and comes with no annual fees, which should be enough for you to decide. If your annual household income is over $100,000 you can get qualified for the Walmart Rewards World Mastercard with higher rewards and better benefits package.
Similar Offers And Alternatives
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is an excellent solution for people with a fair or good credit score holders who often shop at Walmart and prefer doing their shopping online. The card comes with numerous cashback rewards and other conveniences that help you save every day. Although the card has certain limitations, it offers enough perks to make them obsolete in our eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions